Mango cultivation in bangladesh
- 1. Mango Cultivation in Bangladesh Kaniz Sakina Tahmina Anwar Misha Nazmul Ahsan Prepared by:
- Fazlee Gopalvog Langda Candy Bar With Lentil Jam/ Jelly Pickle Among superior and local varieties of mango (Guti aam), their shapes, sizes and color vary. Mango can weigh from less than 100 gm to 1 Kg. There are over 270 varieties. Foria Misirbhog Ashwina Types of Mango Grown Raw Juice Ice Cream Flavoring Forms of Consumption
- Areas of Production Rajshahi Chapainawabganj Nawabganj Dinajpur Total area producing mango ranges from 35,000 hectares to 50,000 hectares per year. Rangpur Kushtia Naogaon Natore
- Suitable Climate for Mango • The range of Latitude(20.5 degree to 26.5 degree north latitude) and Altitude. • A temperature range from 24 to 27 degree centigrade. • An average rainfall as low as 25 cm to as high as 250 cm. • Dry weather to induce flowering. • Any soil type, but mostly drainage deep, fertile loamy soil of high to medium high land.
- Planting Time & Preparation • Mid-May to mid-July is the best period for planting but mid-August to mid-October is also good. • Land needs to be cleaned of all wild growth like weeds etc. • In pit made well-leveled areas the seedling/sapling are planted generally during the rains.