Installation of Vermi beds
Step by step procedure is as fallow:
- Measure the length and width of purchased bag.
- Measure the distance between holes in bag.
- Mark the land according to these measurements.
- Dig the marked land.
- Fix fix iron angle or wooden pole in equi-distance.
- Open and spread the word bed and place it over the pole (Inserting the poles through holes).
Filling the Bed
Now follow these steps,
- Collect agriculture waste materials.
- Place first layer of agriculture waste such ase used fodder. Thickness should be 5 inch.
- Shover the layer with water cane. Desired moisture level is 50-70%.
- Evenly spread verma cast over previous layer. 1 kg og vermicast contains up to 1000 worms. Vermacast is a body of vermicompost or soil which contains living worms and the eggs of worm.
- Place a layer of 4-5 inch of cow dung. The excess heat of fresh cow dung should be removed first.
- Finally, place second layer of agriculture waste. Thickness is 3-5 inch.