Kang kong seeds 100 gm
Health benefits of Kangkong (Water spinach)
- Kangkong greens are very low in calories and fats. Nonetheless, its succulent leaves carry plenty of vitamins, lead in the front by vitamin-A (6600 IU/100 grams), in addition to being rich in antioxidants and minerals.
- 100 grams of fresh leaves carry just 19 calories. For the same reason, it is one of the exquisite greens often recommended by the dieticians in the cholesterol controlling and weight reduction programs for their overall antioxidant, low-calorific and low-fat properties.
- Fresh water spinach leaves carry abundant levels of phenolic antioxidants such as carotene-β, lutein, xanthin, and cryptoxanthin.
- Raw, fresh kangkung leaves carry excellent levels of ascorbic acid. 100 g of greens provide 55 mg or 92% daily equired values of vitamin-C. Vitamin-C is a powerful water-soluble antioxidant which helps as free-oxygen radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) scavenger, and thus protect the human body from various disease processes.
- Further, regular consumption of foods rich in vitamin-C could help in the connective tissue, hair, skin repair; and also contribute in the prevention of iron deficiency anemia, and delay in aging, and cancers.